It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:35 am

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 11:40 am 

Hi<
Im sorry to be such a board hog, but Im so excited to have found this chat board.
As a kid I used to play hookey at the University of Pa Anthropology Museum which only charged a voluntary donation as an entrance fee. I was drawn to Sir Leonard Wooley's findings from Ur, which of course were magnificent and breathtaking! This was unusual in the sense that my cultural background as a South Philly blue collar kid called for looking cool, sexy and tough rather than wondering about mans distant past! Of course this gave me a reputation as an "odd ball" who didnt dance well or wasnt sexy and tough!
I still see those magnificent artifacts in books wherever I go. They still "call out to me" for some reason. Are there others who feel "drawn" to things like this??? or am I a kook???
I moved to Colorado a few years back, I got to visit Mesa Verde and the Anasazi ruins[the ancient ones] and this got the whole thing started again! Since that visit I began to read about ancient man once again,which led me to Stichin, which has finally made sense. Orthodox academia and religion has confused me throughout my life, things are starting to make sense......Thanks for listening

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 10:28 am 

Hi! Welcom Katmet!
No, you are not a kook! I am drawn to these things too. (Or we're both kooks! Heehee!)
I don't know if you believe in the "Universal Conciousness", but I do, and I feel you must be tapped into it also, and like Graham Hancock purports that we as a people have "amnesia" about our past, we are starting to remember things. This is truly an exciting time.
What did you get out of the Anasazi ruins?

(Edited by Petenewky at 7:28 am on Mar. 16, 2003)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2003 2:01 pm 

The Anasazi ruins rekindled and old love/obsession, that is to know the truth about who we are and where we came from. They were amazing to look at, made completely of soft stone. No one knows exactly why they vanished, but I can tell you its very dry there, almost no water, which makes for a logical explanation of drought driving them off?
The Kivas really got me going, they are small holes in the center of each dwelling, they are said to be passages that lead to the underworld which the Anasazi believed they came from. There are many ruins scattered about , some were recent discoveries after fire ravaged the Mesa Verde area. I stumbled on some data that implies the Anazasi were cannibals,[there were human bones with human teeth marks found in their refuse sites] this is a charged topic because of political correctness. Of course I asked the tour guide about this, he looked at me like "don't go there lady"!
I have heard several Coloradans who camped in the Mesa Verde area claim they saw "strange lights in the sky" there. One person told me he and his camping party felt they were being "watched" and packed up and left in the middle of the night! I havent had such a lucky experience. I never saw a UFO or "strange lights" in the Rockies but Id love to! {I think????}

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 12:28 am 
I'd like to share a story with you that was told to me by a very good Native American friend. Since he believed it, and I believe his veracity, there may be a lot of truth to his story.

His belief was that the Anasazi were "visitors" who were sent to Earth for a short period of time to see if they could survive and then were picked up.

He based this on a story from his own tribe. Every year, all the sub-tribes, if you will, would gather together at a set meeting place. When one family did not arrive, a scouting party was sent to look for them. The scouting party found the campsite where the family last spent. There they found no one! No bodies, no animals, nothing. The fires were still smouldering and prepared food lay undisturbed but not eaten. There were no signs of a fight or anything that would have caused them to take flight. They had simply vanished.

And, there are Native American legends that seem to indicate that they believe they are but sojourners here on Earth waiting to go back "home."

(Edited by Wallis at 5:29 am on Aug. 13, 2005)

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]