It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:34 am

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:02 am 
Site Admin

It's time for the promised release of the full text of the Gospel of Judas. It was promised for the period of Easter 2006.

Have you read about it? What do you think?

Here is the link for the full text;

http://www9.nationalgeographic.com/lost ... fJudas.pdf

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:17 am 

I downloaded and studied the 7-page text. Even ignoring all of the possible self-aggrandizing. it clearly states that Jesus ASKED to be turned into the Romans. And he apparently did this without any prior discussion in meetings with the disciples/apostles. And Jesus made no attempts to disguise himself, to hide, or to resist arrest. In and of itself, it smells very fishy, assuming that it's a valid writing by Judas.

It also ties in very neatly with Dr. Thiering's pesher readings of the four Gospels ("Jesus the Man" or "Jesus and the Riddle of the Dead Sea Scrolls [U.S.])

Crucifiction???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:19 am 

I doubt very seriously that the Roman Catholic Church is going to rush to canonize the Gospel of Judas. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 7:56 am 

On Thursday, the Pope said that Judas double-crossed Jesus, so I guess Judas got it wrong in his Gospel. Looks like it won't be canonized in this lifetime.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 12:55 am 
truth is stranger than fiction. in this case this IS the TRUTH. judas was acting as an agent of jesus. at the Last Supper, jesus said to judas. "what you must do, do quickly." And, because judas, was, the treasurer of the group. the other disciples thought that judas went off to purchase something, for the Master. (it's in 1 or 2, of the gospels)
truth is revealed..as the Mind of Man evolves over generations.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 12:57 am 
As the Mind of Man is Ready to Comprehend a New Truth. It comes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 8:53 am 

I think that Judas was completely ignorant of the crucifiction plot, the plan of which called for an "outsider apostle" to be used at the last minute to invite the Romans to arrest Jesus - with absolutely no avoidance or resistance by any of the Christian Judaism movement.

Then Judas ended up being one of those hung on a cross for a couple of hours, taken down, legs broken, thrown in a "burial cave" with the other two, and - before the third day - tossed alive over the cliff to his death in order to protect the plot.

Not a pretty picture, just my belief-free conclusions.

"I can see clearly now, the truth must fall." :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:18 pm 

PP! i haven't read anything over the christ-conspiracy stuff, just postings in various places. what book would you suggest as a decent primer on the subject?

right now, i accept jesus of nazareth as an "enlightened one" whose teachings were hi-jacked for political and power purposes. as such, i already believed that he and judas had had conversation over what judas must do so that christ could demonstrate transcendence of physicality. judas didn't want to, but he was convinced that he must...and ultimatley couldn't live with it & took his own life out of heartbreak. but, as i've said before, i can easily abandon ANY line of belief when i see a 'better' one...so...what do you recommend as an introduction into christ-conspiracy? we shall see...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:19 am 

"Jesus the Man" got it. thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:07 am 

Tra: did you - or anybody else - read thiering's "jesus the man"? comments???

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ]